Chapter 4 Questions:
1. What is the relationship between size/length of recognition sequence and frequency of
- Some enzymes recognize 4bp sequences instead of the more common 6 bp sequences.
As a result they cut much more frequently. This is bec
MCB 4304/6937 Syllabus
Genetics of Microorganisms
Fall Semester 2016
Molecular Genetics; transcription, translation, replication, organization and regulation of
genes, gene transfer, mutations and DNA repair, plasm
The Role of Restriction
Restriction endonucleases, first discovered in the late
1960s, are named for preventing invasion by foreign
DNA by hydrolysis of the incoming DNA.
Influenza and Ebola study Questions
1. List the main steps in FLUAV replication.
1) Virus binds to plasma membrane through HA and receptor binding
2) Receptor mediated endocytosis (entry)
a. Cellular receptor: sialic acid , binds non-cova
Study Questions Exam 3-2015
Eukaryotic transcription overview:
I will likely breakdown the BIG PICTURE lecture to several discrete questions:
1. Diagram/describe the two forms of chromatin. Include in your answer the composition of the
nucleosome, the ove
Study Questions: Exam 4 Part 1 (additional questions will depend upon the materials
Ch 14/15 Study Questions
1. Diagram the simplified mechanism of RNA splicing
2. Diagram/describe the spliceosome cycle?
3. What are the basic splicing
Study Questions: Transposable Elements and Transposition in Humans
Aside from its use as a molecular tool in such techniques as RT-PCR and cDNA
cloning, reverse transcriptase activity is a component of many normal biological
processes. Name two such pr
Chapter 7 Questions:
1. Draw a growth Curve of E.Coli cells growing on a mixture of glucose and lactose.
What is happening in each part of the curve?
2. Describe and give the results of an experiment that shows the lac operator is the site
MCB4304 Genetics of Microorganisms
MCB6937 Advanced Bacterial Genetics
Instructor: K. T. Shanmugam
Office: Rm 1149, MCS Building
The genetic material that is transmitted between generations