- answer questions in space provided
- scratch paper is available
- mechanisms need to be clearly draw
and chemically reasonable to receive
end of test
- 7 pages total
- good luck!
Problem set #4
1. The following question deals with the biosynthesis of the antibiotic streptolidine. Each step is
catalyzed by a single enzyme. The postulated biosynthetic scheme is shown below. Answer
the following questions in the sp
CHM6301 Problem Set #1
Due February 1st
1. With respect to the enzyme triosephosphate isomerase (TIM), for each whether you think
each of these molecules will be: an INHIBITOR or a SUBSTRATE or INACTIVE. Briefly
explain your reasoning.
CHM6301 Problem Set #3
Due March 20th
1. (10 points) A newly discovered NAD+ dependent alcohol dehydrogenase (AD) catalyzes the following reaction.
This AD removes the pro-(S) hydrogen at C-1 of ethanol
Draw the p