Quiz 2 - CHM3217 - Spring 2014 (Davidson)
Name: LE I UF ID:
1. (5 pts) The structure of nadolol, a vasodilator, is shown below. Circle and name the functional groups, and give the
common name for the circled alkyl group.
2. (3 pts) Draw two isomeric est
Quiz 3 - CH M3217 Spring 2015 (Davidson)
Name: KEV UF ID:
1. (5 points) The molecule shown here is dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant that is a derivative of morphine.
a) Mark each chiral carbon with an asterisk l). .2- 3 = 3
bl How many stereoisom
CHM 3217 Midterm Exam
Spring 2014 (Davidson)
I understand that this examination is governed by the Universitys policies on Academic Honesty, and my
signature below indicates that all work shown is my own.
1. (8 points) Use the pot
CHM 3217 Print Name
1. (12 points total) A) Predict the alcohol substitution products for the following reaction (3 pts/structure). H2O
B) Label the reactant and each product with an R or S at the chiral ce
Quiz 1 - CHM3217 Spring 2015 (Davidson)
Name: LE. # UF ID:
1. (8 points) Consider the structure of Tamiu, an anti-inuenza medicine, shown here:
a) Complete the structure by showing all lone pairs of electrons - assume that all ( (d,
atoms have a full octe