Trait- a distinguishing personal characteristic or quality. Words you would use to
describe someone else- smart, adventurous, confident, etc. Trait theorists look at this.
Gordon Allport- made personality theory an academic topic. Did not f
Chapter 9 Biological Approach
- Putting personality theory together with something physiological
- Sheldon made personality presumptions based on a persons body type =
- Somatotype is a dimension person placed along the dimension. Each dimens
Chapter 10 Biological Approach, Research
- Twin studies.
- Identical twins are more alike in personality than fraternal twins. True even when
identical twins reared by different parents and in different environments. Childrens
personalities are more like
Notes class 2
Attitudes- have some specific object of reference. You have an attitude towards
something. Typically positive or negative- you either love or hate something. Exampleyou love ultra music festival or hate it. An attitude involves a judgment or
- do not need to know dynamic traits: the motivating forces
- 6 stages of personality that cover lifespan
Birth to 6. Major formation of personality. Influenced by parents,
siblings, and experiences of toilet training and weaning.