1. April Jones: The Impact of Climate Change: On Ecosystems, The Economy, and Humankind. Influencing
factors of climate change include the deposition of carbon-rich sediments, the earths tilt, volcanic
November 24, 2015 Presentations
1. Melanie Mclntosh: Malachite Mining. Malachites name comes from its similar appearance
to the mallow plant.Malachite has a green appearance that varies in its appearance d
1. Nikki Fuller: The 2003 Alabama Shake. It was a magnitude 4.6-4.9 earthquake that hit
DeKalb, Alabama at the Georgia/ Alabama state line. However, the earthquake was felt in parts
of Mississippi, Georgia
Partial Study Guide for Final Exam GLG 111MB
Matt C. Tsunami
1. What is a tsunami? They are large ocean waves caused by large earthquakes and landslides that occur
near or under the ocean.
2. How can tsunamis form? Tsunami waves are unlike t
1. Austin S.: The California Central Valley Aquifer (and how it relates to the ongoing drought).
There are two types of aquifers, confined and unconfined aquifers, both have an underlying