Impulse HWuse GUESS method
1. A net force of 100 Newtons is applied to a 20-kilogram cart that is already
moving at 3 meter per second. The final speed of the cart was 8 meters per
second. For how long was the force applied?
2. A 3-kilogram ball is accele
Momentum HWuse GUESS when answering
1. If a truck traveling at 35 m/s has a mass of 2,000 kilograms,
what is its momentum? Express your answer in kgm/sec.
2. If a car traveling at the same speed as the truck has a mass of
Conservation of Momentum HW
1. If a truck runs into a wall and stops, the truck loses momentum. Because momentum
cannot be created or destroyed, where does it go?
2. Someone throws a heavy ball to you when you are standing on roller skates. You
catch it a
Journal #6 - Explain the difference between scalar and vector quantities in your
Scalar quantity has only magnitude but no specific direction
vector quantity has both magnitude and direction
Journal #7 - Thinking about the Vector Treasure Hun
Journal #12- explain what gravity does to an object traveling upward. What does gravity do to an object
Journal #13- describe the path of a ball thrown upward as it climbs up and on its way down. Discuss
changes velocity, acceleration,
Journal #12- explain what gravity does to an object traveling upward. What does gravity do to
an object traveling downward?
When your object is upward, it is moving in the opposite direction of the force of gravity.
The velocity of the object is also nega
Journal # 25- how will you ensure that you succeed this semester in order to pass this year of physics?
For succeeding this semester I will try to do betters in the tests, quizzes, and the classroom set.
Also I will do all my work and turn it in t