Part One Fetal Pig Dissection
Describe, in anatomical terms, the region where the following structures are located:
a. Umbilical cord _ ventral_, abdomen
Pinna _ anterior, head
Nares _ anterior, head
Thymus gland _ ce
PROTEIN SYNTHESIS WORKSHEET
PART A. Read the following and take notes on your paper:
Protein synthesis is the process used by the body to make proteins. The first step of protein synthesis is called
Transcription. It occurs in the nucleus. During transcri
Part 3.1 Fetal Pig Dissection
1. In order, name the structures through which urine passes from the kidneys.
2. In order, name the structures through which sperm passes from the testes.
Fetal Pig Dissection
1. Where does the digestive tract start & end?
2. What is the purpose of saliva?
3. What is the function of the epiglottis?
Closes over trachea when swallowing_
4. Fetal pigs r
Part 3.2 Fetal Pig Dissection
1. Name the protective membranes covering the brain.
2. The olfactory lobe at the front of the brain controls what? _smell_
3. What part of the skeletal system protects the brain? _skull_the spinal cord?
Two types of transport in cells:
Passive Transport (no energy) and Active Transport (energy)
-3 basic types
1. Diffusion: random movements of ions and other particles from high concentration
to low concentration
: can happ
Biotic factors relationships between or among different organisms
Ecosystems Interaction of a community with its environment
Light ultimate source of energy
-availability of food is limiting factor for animal populations
- photosynthetic autotroph
Common Name of Species
Diet/Type of Consumer
Description of Animal
Habitat and Range
Genus species name is present and written correctly
Genus species name is pres