Exam #2 Review
1. Page fault - A type of hardware interrupt caused by a reference to a page not residing in
memory. The effect is to move a page out of main memory and into secondary storage so
another page can be moved into memory.
2. Safe state - The si
All of the business operation rules will be adhered to in the rental shop application. Other
business rules are listed below:
Each customer must provide their first name, last name, address, area code and phone
number before opening an account
1. What is the size (in MB) of the /etc directory?
2. Which directory is bigger: /etc, /bin or /sbin)?
3. What is the purpose of the watch command?
Execute a program periodically, showing output fullscreen
4. What is the total amount of memor
What command would you use to create a new directory called myStuff within your home
What command would you use to copy the myTest file to the myStuff directory?
Rename source to dest/move source to directory
What is the purp