Whap study guide wow
Life may seem like it's turning upside down, but think of that positively
and fondly. Paint a picture of high school in your head as the better version of
middle school, where you have more freedoms that come with the price of
WHAP 9 ' 7 _ '
Unit II'Exam: Organization and Reorganization of Human Societies (BCEOCE)
33. All of the following were changes to human societies brought about by the Neolithic Revolution
A. Reliable food supplies increased
B. The totalhuman popu
WHAP 9 I .-
Unit 11 Exam: Qrganization and Reorganization of Human Societies (BCE(SODCE)
afghat was esool of philosophical thought that returned order to China after the Period of Warring
S ' s? - - "'
e B) Draeonianism
. b, Koreans accepted neo-
@ the Silla capital at Kum
d. the Koreans were not
'-e. All of the answers are correct
Confucianism but rejected Buddhism.
song did not resemble the Chi
37. Which of the following is true of Vietnam during Tang and Song times?
20. Which of the following statements best describes the rst Roman government created in 5 G9 BCE?
A direct democracy where all citizens voted on the laws
A tyranny by a military leader
A republic where citizens elected representatives to ma
9. Plessionalization of the Chinese administration was accomplished partiy through
Specialization of trades
b. Capital punishment
Assessing family honor
Civii service exam
1i]. Confucianism advocated all of the following EXCEPT:
16. How did the expansion of Islam aid in the creation of international trade on the east African coastline?
Islam expanded to India and southeast Asia, providing a religious bond of trust between
those religions and the converted rulers of the cities of
23. Confucianism is characterized by all of the following beliefs except:
A. nobility is acquired through virtue, not birth
13. people should treat others as they themselves would be treated a
c'. everyone should carry out his social duties with devotion
19. One ofthe major results of the economic prosperity, technoiogical innovations, and
rapid changes brought by the Song dynasty was ' .\
a. the initiation of destructive wars of imperial conquest.
b. major social strife. 3
5. Which lgf/ifnsiclered to be among the most vital resources found in the Sudanic grassland kingdoms
or Gha ' ali and Songhay?
a. Ivory and tungsten
b. Iron and bronze
c. Rice and jasmine
r Gold and salt '
e. Peanuts and bananas
6. How did topo
35. As Mu ims and Christians came into contact over the centuries:
I uslims showed little interest in borrowing Christian culture
_ b. Muslim science slowly declined
1 c/(fhristians shared thelrfortification styles with the Muslims
d. Both cultures exchan
6. What proved to be the most damaging attack on Buddhism's popularity-with the people
during the early Tang dynasty?
A The Buddhists' insistence on rebellion against the emperor
The Confucians successful campaign to convince the emperor that the
25. Which of the following statements concerning the Korean bureaucracy under the
inuence ofChina is most accurate?
A] With the establishment of the Confucian examination system advancement
( within the civil service was determined almost exclusively by t
WHAP 9' - .
Unit II Exam: Organization and Reorganization of Human Societies (WORCE-
Ea-stNorth Unit II Exa
1. One difference between classical civilizations and rivervalley civilizations was that in classical
civilizations - . - " a
. AL writing w
WRAP 9 '
Unit IE Exam: Organization and Reorganization of Human Societies (BCE-CE)
23. Which of the following most helps to explain why the collapSe of political institutions was more
devastating to the Roman civilization than to Han China or Gupta Ind
6 In addition to the destruction of the Abbasid political capital at Baghdad and the
weakening of the Muslim military strength what significant impact did the Mongol
conquest have on the Islamic heartland?
The destruction of cities from central Asia to th
. was Bantubased language fused with Arabic
13 people of West Africa
c) refers to the slave traders of Africa
d) is a dead language
e) was the language of the Mali Empire
35. Upo adopting Islamic faith, African women
were increasingly conned i
. The ability to organize large political units ' '
c. 5 The inability to communicate about abstractions such as death - _
d. That men and women shared tasks equally=- - mad". i. mammwg
e. _Land ownership was equal is
16. All of the following were develop
19] What is suggested as being the principal reason for Inca conquest and expansion?
Their need for human sacricial victims
The practice of split inheritance
C-)- The absence of irrigation systems within the Inca empire
The existence of long-distance trad
AP World History
'_ - Kachinar/Picltersgill /
Chapter 4~5 TEST
1. The sea most responsible for encouraging trade, cultural interaction, and general movement between
southern Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East is '
O The Mediterranean . _
b. The C
10. How did contact with the Muslim world affect the African slave trade? 1.
A) Because of the Muslim emphasis on equality of all believers, early Muslim rulers , "'3
. - J suppressed the slave trade. ' '
Slavery was unknown in African society until the M
AP World History-9 ' - g 3
Chapter 8 Test ' '
1. Which of the following statements concerning political and religious universality in Africa is
A) Although a universal empire did not develop 111 Africa, Islam pro
14. The ancient Athenians used the aboVe structure for what purpose?
a. A marketplace
b. A military base
A public bathhouse
'e, A museum
15. Compared to Greek city-states, Chinas political institutions had
a) a cohesive set of political instituti
27 Of the following, which is NOT a major cause of the decline and fall of empires?
cfw_3 Overextension of the adrnimstration
' Fanatical belief m the ideologies of the empire
c.' Economic collapse
d. Failure of leadership
6'. Decline in army enrollment '
6, The. Ottoman Society for Union and Progress
In: A) supported the reform efforts of Sultan Abdul Hamid.
f led the rebellion that overthrew Sultan Abdul Hamid.
" represented the older members of the ayan.
D) was also known as the Arab League. ,