Under Armour Case Analysis
Rivalry among the top sports and athletic apparel industry leaders is a very strong force
because Under Armour, Nike, and The Adidas Group are all three striving to grow their sales and
expand their market share. Th
Business negotiation classes really do need a hands-on application to it. Sitting in class
and listening and testing on theories and readings is great, dont get me wrong, but undergraduate
Homework Assignment / Chapter 14
4 April 2017
1. Describe the elements of Lewins force field analysis model.
Lewin's Force Field analysis model states that all systems have driving and restraining
forces. Change occurs throug
Homework Assignment / Chapter 1
17 January 2017
1. Define organizational behavior and organizations, and discuss the importance of this field
Organizational behavior (OB) is the study of what people think, feel, and do in an
Homework Assignment / Chapter 2
19 January 2017
1. Describe the four factors that directly influence individual behavior and performance.
The four factors are motivation, ability, role perceptions and situational factors. Employee
Homework Assignment / Chapter 11
23 March 2017
1. Define leadership and shared leadership.
Leadership is defined as the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute
toward the effectiveness and success of t
Homework Assignment / Chapter 3
24 January 2017
1. Describe the elements of self-concept and explain how they affect an individuals
behavior and well-being.
The elements of self-concept include three self-concept characteristics (the th
Homework Assignment / Chapter 8
9 February 2017
1. Explain why communication is important in organizations and discuss four influences
on effective communication encoding and decoding.
Communication is important to coordinate work activ
Homework Assignment / Chapter 7
7 February 2017
1. Explain why employees join informal groups, and discuss the benefits and limitations
Employees join informal teams because they have the innate drive to bond, they are
Homework Assignment / Chapter 5
31 January 2017
1. Define employee engagement.
Employee engagement is an individuals emotional and cognitive, or logical, motivation,
particularly a focused, intense, persistent, and purposeful effort tow
Homework Assignment / Chapter 10
21 March 2017
1. Define conflict and debate its positive and negative consequences in the workplace.
Conflict is the process in which one party perceives that its interests are being opposed o
Homework Assignment / Chapter 9
14 February 2017
1. Describe the dependence model of power and describe the five sources of power
The dependence model of power is when a person has power over another person
Homework Assignment / Chapter 12
28 March 2017
1. Describe three types of coordination in organizational structures.
Organizational structure is the division of labor, as well as the patterns of coordination,
Homework Assignment / Chapter 6
2 February 2017
1. Describe the rational choice paradigm.
The rational choice paradigm is the process of making decisions by identifying, selecting, and
applying the best possible alternative using all in
Homework Assignment / Chapter 13
30 March 2017
1. Describe the elements of organizational culture and discuss the importance
of organizational subcultures.
Organizational culture consists of the values and assumptions shared
Homework Assignment / Chapter 4
26 January 2017
1. Explain how emotions and cognition (conscious reasoning) influence attitudes and
The cognitive approach affects attitudes via beliefs, or perceptions of attitude
object, via f
Full file at http:/testbankinstant.CH/Test-Bank-for-Consumer-Behavior-10thEdition-by-Solomon
Consumer Behavior, 10e (Solomon)
Chapter 1 Buying, Having, and Being
1) A marketer who segments a population by age and gender is using _ to categorize
Full file at http:/testbankinstant.CH/Test-Bank-for-Strategic-CompensationA-Human-Resource-Management-Approach-7th-Edition-by-Martocchi
Strategic Compensation, 7e (Martocchio)
Chapter 1 Strategic Compensation: A Component of Human Resource Systems
Prof. R. Daniel Pace
Test 2 Summer 2016
Syllabus cell phone restrictions apply.
You may write on this exam.
You must use a pencil for the scan sheetand put your name on the scan sheet.
You must return this exam.
Video 1 week 4
In this situation, Davie and his boss Brian begin to discuss the company and current economic
climate. When Davie is asked how he is doing, he looks away distracted and shrugs. These actions
are known as _ communication, or messages sent
1. Explain the role that perception plays in communication and communication problems.
Perception is the process by which individuals attend to organize, interpret, and retain
information from their environments. Communication is the process of transmitti
1. Specify the components of sustainable competitive advantage and explain why it is
Sustainable competitive advantage is when other companies cannot duplicate the value a
firm is providing to customers. The components are that the resources mu
1. Explain the good and bad of using teams.
The advantages of using teams include increasing customer satisfaction. Teams are made
with a diverse set of people. These teams are then trained to meet the specific needs of
customers. Teams also help improve
1. Discuss the impact of global business and the trade rules and agreements that govern it.
There are a growing number of multinational corporations. Direct foreign investment
affects global business when a company builds a new business or buys an existin
1. Explain what leadership is.
Leadership is the process of influencing others to achieve group or organizational goals.
Leadership is different from managers and managing. Leaders are more concerned with
getting the right things done correctly and inspir
1. Explain how different employment laws affect human resource practice.
Human resources are made to follow a set of rules and regulations to keep the workplace
unbiased when dealing with employees. The general effect of these laws are that
1. Explain why innovation matters to companies.
Organizational innovation is the successful implementation of creative ideas in
organizations. The S-curve pattern of innovation is characterized by slow initial progress,
then rapid progress, and then slow
1. Describe the departmentalization approach to organizational structure.
Departmentalization is the method of subdividing work and workers into separate
organizational units that take responsibility for completing tasks. Function
departmentalization is s
1. Explain the basics of motivation.
Motivation is the set of forces that initiates, directs, and makes people persist in their efforts to
accomplish a goal. Motivation consists of initiation of effort which is concerned with the choices
that people make
1. Describe diversity and explain why it matters.
Diversity is a variety of demographic, cultural, and personal differences among an organizations
employees and customers. Diversity makes good business sense. Diversity helps companies with
cost savings by