Chapter 2 Study Guide
1. Health care facilities and agencies fall into 3 major categories. They are :
2. Hospitals can be divided into categories based on the condition or population they serve. The 4
types of hospitals are:
3. List the 18 types of privat
Study Guide for Trends in Health Care Test
1. What is cost containment?
2. Why are 3 reasons that health care costs are so high?
3. List 8 ways costs can be contained.
4. How does the government use DRGs?
5. What is outpatient services?
6. What is energy
3.2 Notes: Therapeutic Service Careers
A. Five career clusters
1. Therapeutic services careers: directed toward changing the health status of the patient over time
2. Diagnostic services careers: involved with creating a picture of the health status of a
Health care role model
1. Personal Appearance
a. Appearance communicates confidence and self-esteem
b. First impressions are based on appearances and form quickly
c. Rules about appearance may vary
d. Professional standards apply to health careers
3:3 Diagnostic Services Careers
Basic job duties
Create a picture of a patients health status at a single point in time
Perform tests and evaluations to aid in detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, injury, or
Places of emplo
Inclusive curriculum design in higher education
Principles of inclusive
cost and financial considerat
Taubman Terminators Inc.
We terminate bugs, roaches and
aint afraid of no ghosts.
1T be Digestive
Overview of the Digestive System
1. The organs of the alimentary canal form a continuous tube from the mouth to
the anus. List the organs of the alimentary canal, including the specific regions
of the small. and large intestine, f