- 1606, king James the first, chartered joint stock enterprise The
- Owned by merchant investors seeking to profit from rich and gold they
find in America.
- King James ordered settlers to teach India
U.S History Notes
1560 French colonists called Huguenots began to appear in South Carolina coast.
Spain saw them as a threat.
1565 Spain started a colony to oppose the French called St. Augustine in Florida.
Soldiers from St. Augus
1. Religious Conflict in Europe
Up until -1517 the catholic church complete supremacy in
Europe; dominant religious presence
Martin Luther began to challenge the Catholic Church. He was
a German priest from the University of Wittenberg. He
Stacey Nolasco Sept. 7th
Who: John Calvin
What: A French scholar, had to flee France to Geneva, Switzerland. Began his own reforms, reforms
began under a book titled: the institutes of the Christian religion.
Had revolutionary ideas for the Swiss:
8) Solve the following equation and check your answer in the original equation. Please show all
work INCLUDING the check (if the equation has a unique solution):
6 y 13
4 y 12
9) Solve the following equation and check your answer in the original equat
Exam 4 Review
Review and know the following terms they will be tested with 35 multiple choice
1. Winston Churchill Iron Curtain
speech was a speech made in
front of the president of that time
and the prime minister of that