Primary Source 19.2: Abb Sieys, What Is the Third Estate?
1. Noble privileges gained the most special rights and entitlements out of anyone else in the
nation. Sieys claimed the nobles were taking advantage of the Third Estate. Also, he
argued that nobles
Leonardo da Vinci
1. Leonardo grew up in the countryside of Florence.
2. He was born a bastard child and is an illegitimate child to his father.
3. He lived in fathers house, while mother had to marry someone of her own class.
4. His family, father and st
Possible to have profitable industrial centerprise without exploitation of working class
The collective over the individual - cooperation
Disagreed with competivism (capitalism) - Share of profits for workers - Ideal
Chapter 13 Study Guide - Identify/Define
1. Council of Trent - (1545-1563) Reaffirmed Catholic traditions, Bible is not the only source of
Salvation, stiff penalties were given for corruption of the clergy, better training was given to the
Study Guide & HW
Stadholder: the executive officer in each of the United Provinces of the Netherlands, a
position often held by the princes of Orange
Bill of Rights 1689: this law could not be touched by the monarch; Ensured
parliament could operate wit