The demographic transition model
The demographic transition model shows population change over time. It studies how birth rate
and death rate affect the total population of a country. It is a simplified explanation of how the
population patterns of countr
POPULATION PYRAMIDS WORKSHEET
Use the data to create your population pyramid in the
chart provided below.
Use one color for Males one color for females.
Label the Male
Chapter 4 section 2
# of live births
# of deaths per
Infant Mortality Rate
# of deaths of
children < 1 year
per 1,000 live
ELEMENTS OF CULTURE
Culture is the way of life of a group of people
who share similar beliefs and customs.
A culture can be understood by looking at its
language, religion, daily life, history, art,
government, technology, and econo
CH. 15, LESSON 2
History and Government of
Ten thousand years ago, hunters and gatherers
settled in North Africa.
The Egyptian civilization followed, settling in the
fertile Nile River Valley, where they created
1. Name 0 latitude Equator
2. Name 0 longitude Prime
3. How long does it take earth to spin on its axis? 24
hours (23 hours 56 minutes with
respect to other stars)
4. What is this called? Rotation
5. What does this create? Day
What is a population pyramid?
A population pyramid is a pyramid-shaped diagram illustrating the age distribution of a population; the youngest ages
are at the bottom ascending in age till the oldest age at the top of the pyramid.
Factors that affect climate
Weather vs. Climate:
conditions right now
Climate pattern of weather
over a long period of time for a
LACEMOPS: Factors that Affect Climate
L Latitude: the
further from the
RELIGIOUS GROUPS IN SOUTH ASIAN COUNTRIES
Using the table of Religious Groups in South Asian Countries, create a legend for the religions, and a pie
chart for each country.
The Other Side of Outsourcing
1. In what way does India have a language advantage over other overseas countries?
2. What service industry has India become known for?
3. How has this industry changed the lives of the average Indian?
Pennies A Day
1. Of 140 million Bangladeshis, half are below what age?
2. What amount of money per day did 70% of the people of Bangladesh live on?
3. To what does Muhammad Yunus compare poverty? Why?
4. What were some problems with
TIC TAC TOE
Directions: For each set of words write 8 sentences, including the three words
straight across in each row, straight down in each column, and diagonal each
direction. You should have 16 sentences total.