Ch 3.1 Criminal Law Outline
Part I. Completion
1. What is the difference between federal and state law? Pg 56 / 57 federal law deals with the
nation while the state law deals with an individual state
2. What are some specific crimes mentioned in text on p
Comparison: Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
3. Matter can be classified by the amount of freedom or energy of its component particles
classification by states of matter. Matter can also be classified by the type of component
particle(s) from which it is
Distinguish displacement from
Distance is a scalar quantity, which means that
is only needs a magnitude. It is how far you are
from a reference point.
Displacement is a vector quantity, which means
it needs both magnitude and dire
Multiple Choice: Choose the one best answer
The time - rate of change of velocity is known as _.
b. average velocity
If two objects experience the same displacement in the same
Graphical Displays of Motion
1. What type of motion is the object demonstrating during the time interval from 0 to 2 sec?
2. What type of motion is the object demonstrating
MEASUREMENT AND PROBLEM SOLVING
You may use a calculator on this quiz ONLY IF YOU HAVE ONE IN CLASS TODAY!
MULTIPLE CHOICE: Express the following measurements in scientific notation.
0.000 000 103 0 m
a. 1.03 x 10-10 m
b. 1.030 x 10-10 m
Thermodynamics Practice Problems
1. Predict the sign of Srxn (positive or negative) for the following reactions:
a. 2 Mg (s) + O2 (g) 2 MgO (s)
b. C6H12O6(s)2C2H5OH(l) + 2CO2(g)
c. 2 NH3(g) + CO2(g) H2O(l) + NH2CONH2(aq)
d. Cu(s) (at 100oC) Cu(s)
Initial Rate Problems
1. In the reaction A products, [A] is found to be 0.485 M at t = 71.5 s, and
0.474 M at t = 82.4 s. What is the average rate of the reaction during this time
2. For the reaction A + 2 B 2 C, the rate of reaction is 1.76 x 1
Stoichiometry: Mixed Concepts
1. What volume of O2 is produced when 28.5 g of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) decomposes to form
water and oxygen at 150C and 2.0 atm?
2H2O2 (aq) 2H2O (l) + O2 (g)
2. This reaction uses 18.2 g of copper (I) sulfide (Cu2S)
GAS STOICHIOMETRY WORKSHEET
Please answer the following on separate paper using proper units and showing
all work. Please note that these problems require a balanced chemical
1. Carbon monoxide reacts with oxygen to produce carbon dioxide. If 1.
H from Hesss Law
1 Calculate the heat of reaction for:
PbCl2 (s) + Cl2 (g) PbCl4 (l) H = ?
by combining: Pb (s) + Cl2 (g) PbCl2 (s) H = - 359.4 kJ
Pb (s) + 2 Cl2 (g) PbCl4 (l) H = - 329.3 kJ
2. From the following heats of reaction:
2 SO2(g) + O2(g) 2 SO3(
1. If 5.0 g of KClO3 is decomposed to form potassium chloride and oxygen, how many grams of KCl are
Ans: 3.0 g KCl
2. How many formula units of NaOH are used to produce 2.0g of sodium sulfate in a reaction
with sulfuric acid?
Kinetics and Equilibrium Pre-Test
1.) At 25C, which of the following reactions is fastest?
2.) Which of the following changes will increase the average kinetic energy of reactant
A.) increasing the concentration
B.) increasing t
actual yield atoms elements energy excess reactant imaginary yield kilojoules
limiting reactant mass maximum minimum molar mass moles percent yield
particles product stoichiometry theoretical yield use
Kinetics and E uilibrium Pre—Test
1.) At 25°C, which of the following reactions is fastest?
A.) a. , +1.
m —:~ -Hiixé
3-) grime“) «3x661. . aﬁtfﬂim steam
-'l .4‘ ‘l
c.) mzeﬁﬁ 4. mitt)va ta tear-W we est.th e mtg; + arm.
(3‘; i n I‘ll}
‘ "‘ ‘ ‘
Wednesday, October 07, 2015
Quickener 12 Hinton
el 5240 de dinner
12 bro john pornos
Me moles to los mosquitos can el repelente de insects. Elks osoron long binoculars.