1. what is RNA sequence used for?
Detecting mutation, measuring gene expression, and discover and annotate
2. Briefly describe how RNA sequence works
mRNA is converted to cDNA that is used as the input to a next generat
The Making of the Fittest:
The Birth and Death of Genes
THE MOLECULAR EVOLUTION OF GENE BIRTH AND DEATH
Natural selection acts on phenotypes, which are largely shaped by genotypes. Because of this relationship, gene
APBio- Chpater 23
Hardy-Weinberg Practice Problems
1. A population of rabbits may be brown (the dominant phenotype) or white (the
recessive phenotype). Brown rabbits have the genotype BB or Bb. White rabbits have
the genotype bb. The frequency of the BB g
1. Define the following terms
a. Transformation- a host organism takes foreign DNA & expresses the
b. Plasmid- small DNA molecules that carry genes for certain specialized
c. Competent cells- E. coli cells are
1. Who first discovered jumping genes and in what organism?
Barbara McClintock & she discovered them in maize corn
2. What organisms have transposable elements (TE) in their genomes?
Almost all organisms (both prokaryotic & eukaryoti
1. Telomeres are sequences of DNA. They are made of four nucleic acid bases: G
for guanine, A for adenine, T for thymine, and C for cytosine. Telomeres
protect our genetic data, make it possible for cells to divide, and hold some
secrets to how we age and
Name _ Block _
Inside Cancer Web Activity
Go to the website: http:/www.insidecancer.org
Click on Hallmarks of Cancer. Go through each module to answer the questions below.
1. What is the difference between solid tumors and liquid tumors?