Start before Halloween and the fun lasts all the way
through Christmas break
(In other words, its due after Christmas break!)
MECHANICS PRACTICE PROBLEM SET
TABLE OF CONTENTS
KINEMATICS . 6
1. A 1,200-kilogram car traveling at 10 meters per second hits a tree and is brought to rest in 0.10 second.
What is the magnitude of the average force acting
on the car to bring it to rest?
1. 1.2 102 N
2. 1.2 103 N
Work and Energy
Basic Work Problems:
1. A 75.0-kg firefighter climbs a flight of stairs 10.0 m high. How much work is required?
W = 7350 Nm or 7350 J
3. How much work did the movers do (horizontally) pushing a 150-kg crate 12.3 m across a rough floor
AP PHYSICS HOMEWORK
1. A wheel rotates three times. Through what angular displacement [in radians] did this wheel rotate?
2. Through what angular displacement does the earth turn in 24 hours?
3. According to the tach
1) A beam of negligible mass is shown in the given diagram. If a force of 55 N acts at a point 0.45 m
away from the hinge and making an angle at 68. What is the magnitude and direction of the torque?
2) A 1.2 m long beam is
You will need the data below to answer some of the questions:
MEarth = 6 x 1024 kg
REarth = 6.4 x 106 m
MSun = 2 x 1030 m
Earth Sun distance = 1.5 x 1011 m
1. What is the force of gravity between two 1 kg masses which are 2
Problem Set 5: Force and MotionII
AP Physics C Supplementary Problems
A 35 kg crate is at rest on the floor. A man attempts to push it across the floor by
applying a 100 N force horizontally. (a) Take the coefficient of static friction
between the crat
1. A 1.2-kilogram block and a 1.8-kilogram block are
initially at rest on a frictionless, horizontal surface.
When a compressed spring between the blocks is released, the 1.8-kilogram block moves to the right at
Rtary Fur Way Speech Cntest
The price of freedom embodies the danger of its abuse. The imprtance n gun cntrl rules
was emphasized due t the increase in insecurity whse main attribute is gun vilence raised by the
peple wh are i
1. Supply Curve
A. Draw a hypothetical supply curve. Label your graph completely. (5 points)
B. In words, state the relationship between the price of the good and the quantity supplied, as
demonstrated by your graph in part A. (5 points)
Bipolar Disorder Notes
Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder marked by alternating periods of
can trigger bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder can also be caused by a traumatic
Signs of bipolar:
Basic Economic Concepts
a. Opportunity cost is the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative
is chosen. It is used in in economic analysis when finding the how the value of certain
actions compare to that of alternative action