Chapter 6: Body Composition
Chapter 7: Putting Together a Fitness Program
What is Body Composition and Why is It Important?
What is the difference of being overweight and being obese?
What percent of American are overweight in our country
Cardiorespiratory Endurance Outline
The Heart and Blood Vessels
Define or answer the following:
5. Vena Cana
6. The two upper chambers of the heart are called?
7. The two lower chambers of the
Chapter 11 Outline
6 Major Risk Factors (That Can Be Changed!)
1. Why is tobacco use unhealthy for your heart?
2. What is high blood pressure? What is normal blood pressure for an adult and for a
young adult? What damage does hig
Chapter 8 & 9
Nutrition & Weight Management
Nutritional Requirements: Components of a Healthy Diet (DEFINE)
1. Essential Nutrients 2. Digestion 3. Calories.kilocalories What is the difference?
4. What are fats?
5. What is the primary function of dieta
Flexibility and Low-Back Health
Outline - Chapter 5
Name the two types of Flexibility
3 avenues that determine flexibility are: (add a couple points to each of the 3)
(1.) Joint Structure
(2.) Muscle Elasticity and Length
(3.) Nervous System Regu
(1.) What is the original name for STDs?
(2.) True/False Most STIs are curable?
(3.) T/F All STIs are preventable?
(4.) What is the oldest known STD?
(5.) Why was the name changed from STDs to STIs?
(6.) Who gets STIs?
Principle of Physical Fitness
What is the difference between Physical Activity and Exercise?
Physical activity: (define and give one example)
Exercise: (define and give one example)
*Define each of the 5 components of physical fitness and
Muscular Strength and Endurance
Outline - Chapter 4
Muscles make up what % of your body mass?
2. How many muscles are located in the body?
3. Name the ten major groups
4. Define hypertrophy
5. Define atrophy
6. Define myofibrils
7. Describe slow tw