AP Environmental Science Population Notes
Major Characteristics of populations
Dispersion: clumped, uniform and random
Population dynamics: changes in size, density, dispersion and age distribution of
AP Environmental Science Mid Term Study Guide
Countries with the largest area of boreal forest
4. United States
Ammonia is converted from nitrite and then nitrates
AP Environmental Science Chemistry Lecture Notes
Formation of the Earths Crust: 4.6 to 4.7 billion years ago a cloud of cosmic dust condensed
into planet earth which soon turned molten due to radioactive decay and meteorite impacts. As
Air Pollution Notes
I. Air pollution detectors:
* canaries died in mines when there was too much methane
* lichens: fungi and alga living together that can live almost anywhere for long periods
II. Atmosphere - thin envelope of life-sustaining gas
Energy Efficiency Study Guide
Why it is important to reduce energy waste?
1. make nonrenewable fossil fuels last longer
2. gives us more time to phase in renewable energy resources
3. decreases dependence on oil imports
4. lessens the need for military in
Forest Lecture Notes
Importance of Forests
- housing, fuelwood, paper, medicines, resins, gums, dyes, lumber, jobs, recreation
- lands are used for mining, grazing, timber extraction and recreation
- one tree = about $600-$900
Importance of Fores
AP Environmental Science Chapter 3 Equilibrium Study Guide
3.3 ENVIRONMENTAL UNITY
One feature of systems is that the parts that make up the system are connected.
Consequently, when one part of the system changes, another part of the system
AP Environmental Science Disease Homework
What factors affect disease?
Travel, migration, deforestation, climate change, loss of biodiversity, agriculture, urbanization, &
What are toxic heavy metals and how do they work?
mercury, lead, c
Tropical Deforestastation Notes
Why should we care about Tropical deforestation?
Biologists consider the plight of tropical forests to be the worlds most serious
These forests are home for 50-90% of the worlds terrestrial species