Unit 3: Cultural Patterns & Processes - Chapter Six: Religions P.180
Introduction: (Page 191)
1. What questions about religion do geographers try to answer?
2. Why do geographers find the tensions between globalization and local diversity especially acute
Chapter 4. Folk and Popular Culture
People living in other locations often have extremely different social customs. Geographers ask why
such differences exist and how social customs are related to the cultural landscape.
1. Where do folk and po
Unit Three: Cultural Patterns and Processes
Chapter 4: Folk and Popular Culture (p.106)
1. Define each of the following terms:
a. folk culture_
b. popular culture_
2. As the world globalizes, give two reasons why the spread of popular culture might be vie
Unit Four: Political Organization of Space
CHAPTER 7: ETHNICITY (P. 224)
1. Explain why ethnicity is especially important to geogrpahers?_
Key Issue 1: Where Are Ethnicities Distributed? (227)
2. Define ethnicity:_
2a. Define race:_
2b. Describe t
Chapter 4 Outline Folk & Popular Culture
Key Issue 1: Where Are Folk and Popular Leisure Activities Distributed?
Culture is defined as a collection of social customs; customs are repetitive acts of groups. Repetitive acts
of individuals are called habits.
Chapter 6 Outline - Religions
Key Issue 1: Where Are Religions Distributed?
Introduction Geographers are concerned with the distribution of the worlds religions because of the
potential for religious conflict and the different ways that religions use spac
AP Human Geography Coach Clendenin
Unit Two: Migration
Chapter 3: Migration (page 82-83)
1. Explain the difference between immigration and emigration:_immigration is migration to a location
and emigration is migration from a location_
2. Compare cir
CHAPTER 5 LANGUAGE AND RELIGION: MOSAICS OF CULTURE
After reading and studying this chapter you should be able to:
1. Understand the role of language and religion in cultural identification, cultural change, and
Advanced Placement Human Geography
Chapter 5 Language
1. How many distinctive languages are spoken in the world?
2. How does the geography of language display the overall theme of the
interplay between forces of globalization and local divers
Chapter 7 Outline: Ethnicities
Key Issue 1: Where Are Ethnicities Distributed?
Ethnicity is identity with a group sharing cultural traditions of a homeland. Geographers are interested in
ethnicity because it represents an element of local diversity. Ethni
The Odyssey Prompt Choices
Choose ONE of the following prompts to explore in a well-developed essay. Your
response should include:
A brief introduction to the topic or issue
A two-part thesis (two by, through, or because statements)
Two body paragraphs