Unit Two Lab Questions
10 Principles of Economics
1. What are some of the financial decisions that people face? What
are trade-offs? What are some of the trade-offs that you may
People have to decide on their education or maybe their living arrangem
Unit 2 Text Questions
1. What are three economic stances that a government may have?
Describe each of these stances.
Neutral fiscal policy is undertaken when an economy is in equilibrium and
government spending is funded by tax revenue.
Unit 3 Text Questions
1. What is inflation risk?
The chance that cash flows from an investment wont be worth much in the future
because of a change in the purchasing power.
2. What are opportunity costs? Give an example of an opportunity
Unit Three Lab Questions
Countdown to Retirement
1. What character did you choose from the available choices?
Why? What are the pros and cons of choosing this character in
I chose Carlos the Cowboy because I wanted to see if I could actually mak
Unit Six Lab Questions
1. What problem occurred after Hurricane Katrina that has
The dam broke which caused flooding. Only 5 out of 26,000 peoples
houses werent flooded.
2. Why is disclosure important when taking out i
Unit Four Lab Questions
Your Life, Your Money
1. What is the average debt for individuals 22-29?
2. Why is it important to think about "needs" and "wants"? What
are the differences between these?
Its important because it can keep you from spending
Unit Five Lab Questions
1. Why are cars a bad investment?
They cost a lot of money and you have to look at the cost of ownership
like operating costs, insurance, maintenance, and financing.
2. What are some of the ways that you can save money
Unit 8 Text Questions
1. What is closed-end credit?
Closed-end credit is a one-time loan that you pay back over time in payments of
equal amounts. Interest is charged on the amount lent and it typically involves a
specific amount and pur
Unit 7 Text Questions
1. What are municipal bonds? Describe two different types of
Municipal bonds are debt securities issued by state or local governments to pay
for ongoing products such as roads, schools, and airports
Unit 6 Text Questions
1. What is a deductible? How does a deductible affect insurance?
A deductible is the amount of money that the policy holder will pay before the
insurance company will pay on an insured loss. When you have a deductib
Unit 5 Text Questions
1. What is a progressive tax system? How does it differ from a
regressive tax system?
Takes a larger percent of income from high-income groups than from low-income
groups. For regressive the lower-income groups pay
Unit 4 Text Questions
1. What are brokerage firms?
A place where the buying and selling of financial securities take place.
2. What are depository and nondepository financial institutions?
How do they differ?
Depository- a financial inst
Unit 1 Text Questions
1. What is the barter system?
In a barter system goods and services are sold in return for other goods and
2. What is the principle of supply and demand?
Supply is how much the market can offer to meet the