1. An administrative agency is any body that is created by the legislative branch to carry out specific
2. Rulemaking can be implemented by the following the enabling act or administrative procedure
act. And Adjudication of individual c
1. Government subsides approach the primary problem with this approach is that when a subsidy
is for less than 100 % of the cost, the firm that limits its pollutants must still pay the difference
between the actual cost & the subsidy. Emissions
1. Contract is a legally enforceable exchange of promise or exchange of a promise for an act
2. Void is a contrast that has a illegal object or serious defects. A voidable gives one of the partys
the option to withdraw. Executed means contract te
Legal Aspects Ch 1-2
1. Sociological schools believe the law must be of interest by the community and fit in with their
mores. The Feminist schools on the other hand believe women are being denied of rights and
argue that our traditional com
1. I would agree more with the costly way punitive damages are considered. If someone was
making bad goods it would cost more money in lawsuits, so they would want to make the good
3. Assault- intentional placing of a person in fear
1. Trademark dilution is where owners are protected from the unauthorized use of their marks on
only competing goods or related goods where the use might lead to consumer confusion. The
infringement is entitled to the same protection as a trademark.
1. Criminal law is designed to punish an offender for causing harm to the public health, safety, or
2. Crimes are generally classified as treason, felony, misdemeanor, or petty crime on the basis of
the seriousness of the offense.
1. The Supremacy clause is the basis for the doctrine of federal preemption. The doctrine is used to
strike down a state law but has no conflict with federal law.
2. It empowers congress to regulate commerce with foreign nations, with Indian tri
1. Employment at will doctrine is a contract of employment for an indeterminate term is
terminable at will by either the employee or the employer. The reason some people dont
like this is because the employer can find a new worker. The employee
1. a. It would be real property because removal would leave holes in the ground.
b. A Tree can not be removed, so it is real property
c. A trailer can be moved so it is not real property.
d. A Built in oven is real property because taking it ou
1. A union is trying to gain representational status, but does not have the power to engage in such
2. Employee section 7 rights are protected through Section 8 of the act, which prohibits specific
employer unfair labor practices
1. Sole proprietorship is a business owed by one person. General partnership all partners have
unlimited personal liability for the partnerships debt.
2. Tax ramifications, control considerations, potential liability of the owner, ease and expe