1. Dr. Abide is psychologist who is helping his depressed clients to learn to cope with distressing
situations. If Dr. Abide follows the behaviorist view of learning, then his clients would show that
they have learned to cope if they exhibit
a. a temporar
You have been mowing grass in the hot sun and perspiring heavily. Your depletion of liquids
from your body has led to your feeling very thirsty, a state of arousal referred to as
a. an incentive.
c. a drive.
d. a need.
1. Although it has been six months, you still remember vivid details of your high school
graduation, including the look of pride on your parents' faces and the excitement you were
feeling. These memories of your high school graduation would be considered
Psychology has four goals, which are to describe, explain, predict, and control behavior and
mental processes. The goal of controlling behavior means that psychologists seek ways to
a. influence behavior to help people and for the public good.
Name of Drug
List 3 side effects
Reason patient is on medication
List all significant nursing
actions related to the
administration of this
Focusing on your instructor's lecture rather than the noises coming from the hallway outside the
classroom or the conversation of the people sitting behind you illustrates
a. the nonconscious.
b. direct inner awareness.
c. selective attention.
d. the prec
As you watch your favorite television program, your ability to organize and interpret the sights
and sounds that are currently taking place on the television based on your experience of
watching this program previously and your expectations best illust
Hannah has lost muscular control. Doctors tell her that the myelin on her neurons has been
replaced by a hard fibrous tissue that is throwing off the timing of her nerve impulses and
causing her motor problems. Hannah has developed which condition?
Dr. Herbert is studying the factors that contribute to child abuse, while Dr. Tio focuses on the
physical, psychological, and emotional changes that occur during adulthood. Both of these
doctors are most likely _ psychologists.
Miguel is working on his term paper for psychology. He is reading various research articles,
paying attention to their research design and conclusions, jotting down notes on the studies,
and deciding where each study will fit into the outline for his t
Wesley Willis was an American singer-songwriter
and visual artist from Chicago.
He was Diagnosed with paranoid
Willis would often claimed that demons wer
1. Perception is the organization of sensations into an inner representation of the world; It
reflects learning and expectations well as sensations.
2. The absolute threshold for a stimulus, such as light, is the lowest intensity at which it can
1. Consciousness has several meanings, including sensory awareness, the selective
aspect of attention director inner awareness, personal unity, and the waking state.
2. Because EEG patterns during REM sleep resemble those of the waking state, REM
Physical and mental health have a bidirectional relationship that can be influenced
by many factors, such as exercise and hormones. When illness or accidents befall a
person, their entire life is affected in
1. Concepts are mental categories used to class objects, relations, or events with common
2. An algorithm is a specific procedure for solving a type of problem.
3. Heuristic device are rules of thumb that serve as shortcuts to rapid solutions.