Joints: Crash Course A&P #20
9 minutes & 22 seconds
Uploaded by: Crash Course
Published on May 26, 2015
1. What does the fibrous connective tissue form?
It forms the periosteu
1. Describe basic atomic structure.
In the center of an atom holds a nucleus. Within the nucleus holds positively charged protons and
negatively charged neutrons. Negatively charged electrons move around the nucleus in a
1. Discuss the functions of the skin as an organ system and its role in the homeostasis
of body temperature.
The integumentary system provides protection for the internal organs. It keeps them from
1. Centrosome- It consists of a pair of centrioles and pericentriolar material. Helps with the
growth of the mitotic spindle & microtubule formation.
Ribosomes- This organelle has two subunits and is the site of protein s
1. Identify the basic functions of the nervous system in maintaining homeostasis.
The nervous system allows for sensory function, integrative function, and motor function.
Sensory functions allow for sensory receptors
5 Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the epithelial tissue perform?
a) It generates heat that aids in the warming if the body.
b) Uses cells such as mast cells and plasma cells to help the body fight off disease
Main Chemical Elements in the Body 1
Instructor: Mrs. Prince
Main Chemical Elements in the Body 2
Look at yourself. Are you human? Are you really an actual human being that can talk,
walk, write, read, drive, etc.? If you
1. What does the chemical level of the human body consist of?
a) water and oxygen
b) ionic and covalent bonds
c) molecules and atoms
d) hydrogen and carbon dioxide
(Textbook page 3)
2. What are the structural levels in o