Study Guide for Plasma Membrane Test
1. Explain the phrase fluid mosaic model when referring to the plasma membrane.
2. Identify and describe the components of a typical cell membrane.
3. Describe what can and cannot pass through the phospholipids bilayer
Study guide for Genes Test
Know the following vocabulary: genetics, allele, dominant, recessive, characteristic, trait,
homozygous, heterozygous, hybrid, genotype, phenotype, law of segregation, law of
independent assortment, genetic recombination, polypl
Study Guide for Eukaryotic Cell Test
1. Know the cell cycle. Be able to diagram and explain the five stages of cell
development and the three checkpoints that monitor the cells progress. Which
checkpoint is most responsible for allowing a cell to remain o
Study Guide for DNA and RNA Test
1. Describe the two experiments that proved that DNA is the inherited material.
2. Describe the three components of a nucleotide and how the nucleotides are arranged on a
double stranded DNA molecule.
3. Identify the four
Chapters 7, 8, 12 Test Study Guide
1. Using the diagram from the textbook on pages 100-101:
a. label ALL parts of the animal cell or plant cell.
b. list the parts of the cell AND give the function of that structure. You must differentiate between
Cellular Division Test Study Guide
a. Why do cells divide?
b. surface area to volume ratio (want a bigger ratio, more efficient!)
c. Unicellular division- binary fission
I. Spontaneous Generation
A. Francisco Redi
B. Louis Pasteur
II. Cell Cycle
A. Homologous chromosomes
Metabolism and Energy Notes
WHAT IS ENERGY?
Energy: The Ability to Do Work
Exists in two states
Kinetic energy: energy of motion
Potential energy: stored energy that has the capacity of moving
Living organisms transform potential energy into kinetic energ