1. What is the difference between a producer and a consumer? Provide example of each.
2. What is the difference between biotic and abiotic factors? Provide examples of each.
3. A trophic pyramid shows how energy fl
An Introduction to
Why do we look to science for
assistance in our legal system?
Increasing Crime Rates
New or Changed Laws
New Weapons (*see next slide)
Response to Public Concerns
Response to Law Enforcement Co
Often trying to determine distance from
which shot was fired (self defense plea).
Distance determinations establish true
facts of incident
Examination of wounds can distinguish
between close range and longer range
Genetics Worksheet #15
1. Corn length varies continuously and is controlled by 2 pairs of genes, C and D. If ccdd is the
shortest ear of corn, provide a possible genotype for the following:
a. Largest _
b. Medium short _
c. Medium long. _
For each of the following sequences, fill in either the DNA, the mRNA sequence, the tRNA anticodons, or
the amino acid sequences that have been left blank. If several sequences might work choose any one.
Rockina Investigation: Use of DNA Fingerprinting in Forensic Science
A. The Crime:
Late one night, the famous rock star, Rockina, returned to her luxurious apartment from an
appearance at a concert. As she entered her locked apartment
DNA Replication and Protein Synthesis Review
I. DNA Structure Review
a. Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) what are the 3 components of a nucleotide?
b. What are the DNA nucleotide pairs?
II. DNA replication
a. 2 characteristics of DNA which allow accurat
How Can a Mutation in DNA Affect an Organism?
Sometimes the DNA code that makes up a gene has an error in it which has resulted from a change in the
DNA sequence. This error is called a mutation. When the DNA contains an error, the mR
Biology Review II
1. What are two reasons that photosynthesis is necessary for animals?
2. What pigment is necessary for photosynthesis? What is its role?
3. What are the two stages of photosynthesis? Write the chemical equation for photosynth
Biology Review 1
1. What element is a part of every organic compound? What three of five other elements that are the most
2. What is the pH scale used for? What are the ranges for the types of things that can be
What is a fossil? Name three ways which fossils can be formed.
What are two ways that scientists can figure out the age of fossils? Which type of dating is
A scientist is comparing the structure of whale
Locards Exchange Principle
Locards Exchange Principal - the exchange of materials between two
objects that occurs whenever two objects come into contact with one
Edmond Locard strongly believed that when a criminal came into c