1. Describe 3 pathways by which pollutants can be released from sanitary landfills. Pick one pollutant
and explain in detail how it can travel through the environment?
Sanitary Landfill: engineered ground facilities that hold Most Solid Waste with minimal
Describe three different approaches used to estimate the age of the Earth including the
modern method that has determined the correct age.
1). Search for and date the oldest rocks exposed on the surface of the Earth. These oldest
rocks are metamorphic roc
Dr. William Landing
Materials and Method:
The experiment was conducted in the same (albeit virtual) fashion that climatologists
use to examine and draw conclusions concerning past climates and atmospheric conditions of
Midterm Exam Study Guide
These are the concepts that Dr. Gleason has specifically asked you to know in lecture. I have not
seen your exam yet, so I cannot guarantee that everything in this list will be on the test, or that
this list covers all subject mat
A. Chapter 1 (Introduction)
1. Vikings used to inhabit Greenland, but one day just disappeared.
- McGovern studies garbage heaps (middens), to study their lifestyle.
- Why did the Vikings disappear from Greenland, and how do humans now live in such a
Earth Final Review Sheet
Chapter 17 (Freshwater resources) Go over Lab 6&7
1. Wastewater: used & contaminated water that is released after use by households, industry, or agriculture
Deshmukhs project to turn waste water into drinking