Chapter 9 Responses
Margin Review Questions
1. Why are the centuries of the Tang and Song dynasties in China sometimes referred
to as a golden age?
During this period, China reached a cultural peak, setting standards of excellence in
Change and Continuity Over Time Essay
Topic: Labor Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean, 1750 - 1914
Slavery was the most popular labor
force in the Latin American and
Caribbean plantations (Cuba, Brazil,
etc.). They were mainly African
Lord of the Flies Test review for English II Pre-AP
1. What is Ralphs reaction to finding himself alone on the island without adults?
2. When Jack says Weve got to have rules and obey them. After all, were not savages. This is an
example of what?
3. Who i
Unit 1: Foundations (advent of human history 600 BCE)
Essential (Big Picture) Questions for Unit 1
1. What is the significance of the Paleolithic Era in World History?
2. What were the causes and consequences of the Neolithic shifts in human living habits
C H A P T E R
E I G H T E E N
Industrial Britain: The dirt, smoke, and pollution of early industrial societies are vividly conveyed in this
nineteenth-century engraving of a copper foundry in