Deciding to Marry
1. Missy is not sure if she wants to be in a real relationship. Missy knows many
people that are in real relationships.
2. Missy is afraid about being in a relationship and feeling stuck. Missy wants
the freedom to do what s
1. A nihilistic person believes that the individual does not matter and that there is no point
in life. In the story The Cross, Lamed Shapiro depicts his nihilistic beliefs through the
portrayal of violence and pure anarchy during the p
March 9, 2016
Signing Stories 6: Ordering at McDonalds
1. Why was John dressed as he was?
John was dressed cool because he was on a tour with the National Theatre of the Deaf.
2. How does Johns friend order food at McDonalds?
February 17, 2016
Signing Stories Assignment 5: The Whistle Stops the Game
1. What is the significance of a whistle in a basketball game? List any other significant
roles a whistle plays in our daily lives?
The significance of a
January 11, 2016
Signing Stories Assignment 3: A Lesson About Sound
1) Provide an example of:
a) A time when making noises would be considered to be rude or inappropriate would be
when a classmate is presenting or speaking and an
A Pinch of Snuff Paper
In the stories Bontshe the Silent and A Pinch of Snuff, I.L. Peretz and Avrom Reyzn
create characters who chose silence over speaking, symbolizing the importance of
communication. In Bontshe the Silent, Bontshe is silent throughout
In Peretzs Between Two Mountains and I.J Singers Repentence, both authors
portray the conflicting views of Hasidim and Mitnagdim through contrasting their two
main characters. The Hasidic movement emerges as a rejection of the rigidity of Jewis
January 29, 2016
Signing Stories 4: Some Thoughts on Fingerspelling
1. How did you learn to read? Describe your own experience learning to read.
I learned to read by first practicing basic vocabulary words with my parents and tea