VIDEO: Meet Your Master (Crash Course Psychology #4)
1) What 2 parts make up the Central Nervous System?
2) Who is Phineas Gage?
3) TRUE or FALSE: We only use 10% of our brain.
4) What parts make up the Old Brain?
(Answer the following questions on a piece of
List the 5 senses
If you could only choose ONE sense to keep,
which would it be and why?
If you had to lose ONE of your 5 senses, which
would it be and why?
NOTES/STUDY GUIDE APPROACHES TO
DIRECTIONS: Use your textbook, class discussion, and any other available resource(s) to complete the
1. Why study Psychology? (list at least 2 reasons)
2. Define Psychology.
3. What are the f
CONTEMPORARY APPROACHES APPLIED
The purpose of this activity is for you to practice using the terms and facts associated with each of the
Contemporary Approaches of Psychology. Use the scenario below for each of the Contemporary Approaches
and describe ho
Ethics of Psychology
American Psychological Association Standards
started in 1947
First published edition from APA
correct rules of conduct necessary
when carrying out research.
responsibility to protect research
For this project you will be creating a CD that is connected to your memories.
You will pick a minimum of 8 songs from different time periods in your life
and describe the memory that is connected to that song. Pick songs that
trigger a m
Music and Memory: 5 Awesome New
Music and memory: it aids
language learning, helps
injured brains remember,
causes widespread brain
activation and more
Music and memory have a tremendously strong link.
Hearing an old song can take you b
How Do You Learn Best?
1943 - Present
Harvard Graduate School
An important part of that
understanding is knowing
who we are and what we
can do. Ultimately, we
must synthesize our
VIDEO: Sleep Perchance to Dream (Crash Course # 9)
1) Three reasons why we sleep
2) What did Eugene Aserinsky create?
3) What hormone wakes you up?
4) What hormone makes you sleepy?
5) In which stage of sleep do you
Facebook Project Rubric
1. Name of Character/Historical Figure (1 point) _
2. One Profile Picture of your character (1 point) _
3. Information Corner/Basic Information (5 points) _
-Networks (Schools, APA, etc)
Demands of life on land
All cells need a constant supply of water
Parts of the plant that make food for the plants must be exposed to as much sunlight as required
Must be able to transport water and nutrients
Must exchange water and carbon dioxide without