Name _ Date _ Period _
Work, Power, and Energy
Show your work and box your answers.
1. Lee pushes horizontally with an 80 N force on a 20 kg mass 10 m across a floor.
Calculate the amount of work Lee did.
2. The third floor of a house is 8 m above s
Work and Energy
1. The third floor of a house is 8.0 m above street level. How much work is needed to move a 150 kg
refrigerator to the third floor?
2. Sally applies a horizontal force of 462 N with a rope to drag a wooden crate across a floor with a cons
1. Calculate the energy of a compact car moving at 50. km/h.
How much work must be done on the car to slow it from 100. km/h to 50.
How much work must be done on the car to bring it to rest?
2. A rie an shoot a 4.20 g bullet at a speed of 965 m/s.