UNIT 2 ACTIVITY
1. The original triangle was transformed (+2, +3). If you add these coordinates to the coordinates of
the original triangle, you will get the coordinates of the new triangle.
2. I rotated the original triangle 180 degrees. The coordinates
Lewis Structure Flow Chart
total # of
2. Write skeletal
4. Make sure
all atoms have
a full octet
Mole Conversion Examples
Moles to Grams
Here is a general set up for this type of problem:
_ moles X x (mass) grams X = _ grams X
1 mole X
X is where you put the elements symbol for the actual element you are
dealing with in the
Part 2 Explanation
Coping a Line Segment:
First I created segment AB. Next I drew point C. Using my Compass I created a circle with the same radius
a segment AB. I drew that circle around point C. Then I drew point D on the circle. Finally, I connected
Ionic Bonding and Writing Formulas
Determine ionic charge based on location of the periodic table.
Demonstrate an understanding of ionic bonding by writing chemical formulas.
Determine the charge of both ions.
Naming Binary Acids Flow Chart
Look at the chemical
formula. Hydrogen is
the first element which
makes it an acid. Use
the prefix hydro- for the
first part of the name.
2. Use the prefix hydro- for the first part of
3. Look at the secon
Naming Binary Covalent Compounds Flow Chart
If there is only 1
atom of the first
element, no prefix is
Since there are 2 atoms of Nitrogen, you
must use the prefix di- So this is
2. The second element always receives a
Unit 1 Activity
2) Conditional Statement: If I study, then I will get an A in math.
3) Inverse Statement: If I do not study, then I will not get an A in math.
4) Converse Statement: If I get an A in math, then I will study.
5) Contrapositive Statement: If
Part 3 Analysis
Which method do you find easiermaking constructions by hand using a compass and
straightedge or constructing using technology? Why?
I find constructing using technology easier. I think it is easier because everything is exact almost