5.1 Conclusion Questions
1. What is the difference between a circle and an ellipse?
-A circle has an equal radius all around while an ellipse differs in the x and y axis.
2. What is the difference between an inscribed and a circumscri
Activity 1.1.2 Simple Machines Practice
Answer the following questions regarding simple machine systems. Each question
requires proper illustration and annotation, including labeling of forces, distances,
direction, and unknown values. Illustrat
1. Calculate the ideal mechanical advantage of the lever system.
Substitute / Solve
2. Calculate the ideal effort force needed to overcome the known resistance force.
Substitute / Solve
3. Calculate the actual mec
1. Assuming that Pulley A is the power source or input and that it is moving clockwise
(CW), which way would the other pulleys rotate, clockwise or counterclockwise
(CCW)? Complete the table below.
CW or CCW
Using the diameter of each pu
1. Why is it important to use constraints when sketching with your 3D modeling program? Constraints
are vital when sketching while using your 3D modeling program because they get rid of human error and
allow you to pl
1. What is an offset and how is it used?
A type of sectional view. It shows interior faces that are not in line. It goes
through the center of the faces.
2. What is the difference between a mate and flush constraint?
The difference is that flush lines
Detailed documentation is important because it is an important
in any engineering field to display your work. It lets viewers
see all of the work that you put into a project and lets them see
all of the details.
1. Use the sketch below to calculate the area of the square. Add all linear dimensions to
the sketch that were used in the calculations. Note: Each grid unit = 1 inch.
64 inches squared
2. The area of the square represented above is revised to be
Activity 1.1.3 Gears VEX
You do not have to look far to see gears. You might not think of an object such as a
computer as having a lot of moving parts, but the CD tray on your computer is likely
controlled by gears. A traditional watch is ful
1 What do the arrows on a cutting plane line indicate?
The arrows at the ends of the cutting plane line indicate the direction of sight for
the section view.
2 What is the difference between a half and a full section?