Chapter 2 section 5
1. Manifest Destiny. What does this statement imply?
2. Who were the expansionists?
3. Who were the first people to head westward?
and why did people leave the United States?
Chapter 2 section 3
Pp 44 48
Life under slavery
1. Why were slaves needed in the south?
2. Describe the life of a slave as indicated on page 44 - 45
3. Besides slave revolts what other (less overt) forms of slave resistance ex
Chapter 3 section1
1. What is the Wilmot Proviso? How does the Wilmot
Proviso expose the tension over the slavery issue?
2. Who are the Free-Soilers?
3. How does California wanting to enter the union stir
tensions between the North
Democracy, Nationalism and Sectionalism
Chapter 2.1 pp 34 38
1. How was Jacksonian democracy more
democratic than before?
2. Andrew Jackson made accusations of a corrupt bargain
"corrupt bargain in 1824. What was this about?
3. How did Abolishing p