Terms to Know
Uniform Circular Motion
Definitions on next slide
What do these words mean?
Uniform Circular Motion is the motion of an
Honors Extension 2.29
Development of Radar
Since the development of radar in the early 1930s, it has had various uses all around the
world, and is still being used to this day. Although many scientists and engineers contributed to
Angular Momentum Quiz
L = r x p = mvr
1. Fill in the Blanks: The angular momentum of an object will only change
if a/an force/outside force is applied to the object.
2. One ring and one disk of equal mass and shape are spun with the same
Title: 1.23 Projectiles Lab Report
Purpose/Hypothesis: To observe how mass, I. velocity, and diameter effect the range of the projectile.
Introduction: In this lab, you will be using the Projectiles simulation, provided by the University of
Colorado, to c
Name: Morgan Johnson
1. What is the momentum of a person of 90 kilograms running at 5 meters per second?
P=m*v p=90 kg*5 m/sp=450 kg*(m/s)
2. What is the momentum of a car weighing 1,500 lbs that is traveling at 40 MPH?
P=m*v p=1,500 lbs*40 mi/hr
1. Define gravity.
-Gravity is the force of attraction that acts between any two objects. The greater the mass of an
object, the greater the gravitational force.
2. What is the difference between mass and weight?
2.21 Acceleration Alternative
a = (vf vi)/t
d = vit + 1/2 at2
vf2 = vi2 + 2ad
d = 1/2 at2
a = 2d/t2
d = gt2
Vf = Vi + at
a = acceleration (m/s2) or (m/s/s)
d = displacement (m)
g = acceleration due to gravity (m/s2) or (m/s/s)
t = time (seconds)
Vf = fina
2.28 The Law of Falling Bodies Lab
Purpose: To calculate the acceleration due to the gravitational force on the Earth,
moon, and Mars, and to investigate a falling body under the influence of air drag.
Introduction: An object is said to be freely falling
1. A gas occupies 0.60 m3 at a 5.0 atm. If the temperature of the gas remains the same and the
pressure decreases to 2.5 atm, what would be the new volume occupied by the gas?
P1V1 = P2V2 (.60)(5.0)=(2.5)(V) 3=2.5V V=1.2 m3
2. Given a volume of 1000. cm3
Honors Physics VLACS
Honors Extension Assignment 3.26
1. Ff = (mu) FN (mu)= Ff/ FN (mu)= 5.0/25.0 (mu)=0.2
2. Ff = (mu) FN Ff= (0.2)(12) Ff=2.4
3. Slope of line= 0.3 N
b. The slope value represents that for every 1 N increase in