NONFICTION QUESTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Give a brief biography of the author. Who is he? What are his credentials?
2. What is his or her thesis?
3. Relate major arguments, facts, and examples that the author provides to develop
Book One: Discussion Questions
1. Describe Sigmund Freuds theory about the Superego, Ego and Id. (His concept
of the components that make up the human personality.
2. How can we apply this concept to Whites portrayal of the major characters in the
CHERRY HILL HIGH SCHOOL EAST
ENGLISH SUMMER READING LIST 2009
The Once and Future King
1. Find examples that show the impact of education on the individual and on society.
from his depictions of the educational experiences of the major characters.
Additional Items for Notetaking OAFK
1. Throughout the novel, White includes vocabulary that reveals the culture and
customs of medieval England. Record and define these. Examples:
brachet, made falcons. made marriages, villein, necromancer, austringer,
Role of the Chorus: The Chorus and Choragos represent the Theban public; they embody
moderation, reason, and reverence for the gods. They also communicate the choral
reaction to the events and conflicts in the play. The choragos is a voice of reason and a