ANSI 3543 Asst #1
1. Define nutrition in your own words.
Nutrition is the act of obtaining foods, transporting them within the body and breaking them down to
aid in bodily functions such as growth.
2. How do plants provide the essential link between the s
1. What is the point of feedstuffs analysis?
The point of feedstuffs analysis is to evaluate the nutrient contents, palatability, digestibility, and
productive value of animal feed.
2. How is feed intake predicted using Van Soest analysis?
By using Van So
1. Describe the relative strengths and weaknesses of DE, TDN, ME and NE. Bullet or number your
Strengths- DE can measure the amount of energy lost in the feces. If energy loss is high, diets
can be altered to reduce this loss
1. Presume that your cattle herd is not drinking much water. It is your job to discover why. Develop a
step-by-step plan for troubleshooting the problem. Describe what steps you would take at each point in
your plan if you found a positive response to you