Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst# 6
Water quality Presume that your cattle herd is not drinking much water. It is your
job to discover why? Develop a step-by-step plan for troubleshooting the problem. Describe
what step you would take at a point in your pl
Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst# 8
1. Explain the significance of glycerol to the structure of a triglyceride.
Glycerol is the basic structure that triglycerides are built from. A triglyceride consists of three
fatty acid chains bonded to a molecule of glyce
Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst#3
1. 1) What is the point of feedstuffs analysis?
The point of feedstuffs analysis is to provide the best quality feed for animals to
maximize overall profit. Evaluating content, palpability, digestibility, productive value
Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst# 7
Explain why there us a very little carbohydrate found in the body of a living animal
There is very little carbohydrate found in the body because after daily use they are converted
to body fat for storage. Since fat weigh
Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst# 9
1. How does an amino acid differ chemically from a simple carbohydrate like glucose? In
their purpose in the body?
Both amino acids and carbohydrates are macromolecules (polymers); the basic unit of a
carbohydrate is a suga
Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst# 2
1. Compare and contrast the definition of ration with that of diet?
A ration is a daily allocation of feed while a diet is a mixture of feedstuffs used to supply
nutrients to an animal, in another words, ration is the amoun
Andres.Ramos ANSI 3543E Asst# 5
1) 1. Explain why the problem of getting accurate weight on animals in a growth trial. Why
is it a problem, in which animals is this the biggest problem, and how de we correct it?
Getting an accurate weight on animals durin