REVIEW EXAM 3
1. What cut was developed in FAPC and is the beef subscapularis?
2. What 2 beef wholesale cuts are middle-meats?
Rib and Loin
3. What yield and quality grade are the base price of most beef pricing grids?
Yield Grade 3 and L
Exam 2 Review
1. Describe differences between pork and beef slaughter.
Pork: electrically stunned, hair removed,
Beef: mechanically stunned, hide removed
2. What are advantages of instrument grading?
More accurate, faster, precise and
Meats Test Review Part 2
Conversion muscle to meat
Homeostasis- maintenance of physiologically balanced internal
o pH, temperature, oxygen, energy supply
o quickly activated after death
o conditions that could change this
Forages and Roughages
1. Name and briefly discuss four factors that can affect hay quality during and after
the harvesting process.
-Shattering of leaves
-Up to 8% loss for grass hays (5% normal)
-Up to 40% loss for
Introduction and Nutrients
1. Do animals have feed requirements or nutrient requirements? Explain
you answer in sufficient detail so that someone that is unfamiliar with
the nutritional relationship of feeds and animal requirements for
nutrients and poten