Name: g E 1 Class: Date: W 1D: A
Chemistry 1211 Exam 3 Spring 2010 - Scott
Identz’ﬁz the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
D? lbs lie 10 It7
To form bonds, most main group e
Chapter 29 Guided Reading Assignment
1. List the briefly describe the four characteristics that occur during the life history of ALL
a. Chordates are euterostomes, however the chordates do not have an exoskeleton like the
1. Describe, in your own words, the experiment Van Helmont did that proved plants did not
eat soil to grow.
a. He planted a willow tree that weighed 5 lbs. in a pot that had 200 lbs. of soil in it. He
watered it for 5 years and then
Chapter 44 Guided Reading Questions
1. Briefly explain the following:
a. Habitat The place where the organism lives
b. Population the functional unit that interacts with the environment and on which
natural selection operates. All the o
Guided Reading Assignment for Ch. 28
1. List the eight characteristics which set the members of the kingdom Animalia apart.
a. Animals are 1) multicellular 2) eukaryotes, they are 3) heterotrophs and must
acquire nutrients from an external source. Animals
1. List the two systems most flowering plants possess, explained the components of the system.
a. Most flowering plants possess a root system and a shoot system.
b. The root system simply consists of the roots. Parts of the roots inc
Chapter 23: plant evolution and diversity
1. define plant.
a. multicellular, photosynthetic, eukaryotes that increasingly became adapted to live on
land. Plants are thought to have evolved from freshwater green alga.
2. Discuss adaptations for successful
Chapter 46 Guided Reading Questions
Major Ecosystems of the Biosphere
1. List and describe each effect of solar radiation on the earth?
a. Because the earth is a sphere, the equator receives direct sunlight and the
poles receive indirect sunlight. This cr
Chapter 43 Guided Reading Questions
1. What is meant by nature versus nurture?
a. Behavior encompasses any action that can be observed and described. Scientists wish
to pose the question of whether genetics can determine the behavior an
Chapter 45 Guided Reading Questions
Community Ecology and Ecosystems
1. What is a community?
a. An assemblage of populations of different species interacting with one
another in the same environment.
2. What is the difference between species richness and
Quick View Page 1 of 11
Name: Class:_ Date:
- (First Page)
Name: Class:_ Date:
In a normal cost system, factory overhead is assigned directly to products and services.
a. True b. False
A debit to the Factory Overhead account rep