Plinys Haunted House
The Younger Pliny tells a ghost story about
rattling chains, a haunted house no one
wants, and a secret only the ghost can reveal.
Latin teacher Rose Williams has re-written
this story in a form suitable for classroom use.
tum Marcia cubiculum intravit.
anus vix procedere poterat,
quod urnam gravem portabat.
anus old woman
procedere to proceed
urnam - jar
Domitilla, ubi Marciam conspexit,
diligenter laboravi. cu
STAGE 23 TEST PART I
Part I: Match the following sentences with who said it:
_ Rex summae virtutis es, sed, quamquam nullum periculum times, tutius est tibi verum scire.
_ Ubi est poculum?
STAGE 22 TEST I
1. Match the following characters with their respective roles:
1. Miles Romanus
3. Filia Latronis
4. Soror Vilbiae
5. Deus bellum
6. Amicus Modesti
STAGE 22 PART II
1. List at least four reasons why someone would want make a curse.
2. What are curses called in Latin and what does the root word mean?
3. Why was it important to write down a course as opposed to just say it?
4. Where would curs
STAGE 20 - CULTURE TEST
1. Who was Hippocrates? _
2. What did Hippocrates do for medicine?
3. What do we use of Hippocrates still today?
4. Compare the Greek's and the Egyptian's view/attitude towards the study of the human