CULTURE AND DERIVATIVES TEST 16
In excavations at Fishbourne, what three things have been found that
date back to the time of Roman invasion?
What improvements were made during the next 30 years?
What happened in about 75 A.D.?
Stage 16 - Rex spectaculum dat
Rex cum multis hospitibus in aula cenebat. Salvius et Quintus prope regem
recumbebant. Britanni cibum laudabant, Romani vinum. Onmes hospites
regi gratias agebant.
Subito Belimicus tardus intravit.
Stage 16 Quintus de se
Postridie Quintus per hortum cum rege ambulabat, floresque varios spectabat. deinde rex
"quo modo ex urbe Pompeiis effugisti? Paterne et mater superfuerunt?"
"periit pater," inquit Quintus tristis. "mater quoque
Stage 16 Cogidubnus et Vespasianus
Cogidubnus Quinto de vita sua narrabat:
"ubi Romani in Britanniam invaserunt, Claudius legionem secundam contra Durotriges
misit. Vespasianus, qui hanc legionem ducebat, ad me venit et auxilium rogavit. Ego
DAT, PART 1
rex cum multis hospitibus in
aula cenabat. Salvius et Quintus
prope regem recumbebant.
recumbebant were reclining
Britanni cibum laudabant, Romani
vinum. omnes hospites regi gratias
gratias agebant were giving thanks
STAGE 17 TEST - PART I
Translate the following sentences into English:
1. Subito latrones impetum fecerunt
2. In tergo monstri per totam noctem haerebat
3. Aegyptios erant multi, nos pauci
4. Monstrum ad mare tandem advenit
Cambridge Latin Course Words & Phrases Checklists
Notes: * indicates a verb ~ indicates a noun
Genders of nouns are indicated by m. = masculine, f. = feminine, n. =
The second form given for the noun (and pronoun) is the genitive case,
STAGE 26 TEST PART II
1. Where was Agricola born?
2. Describe what kind of family Agricola came from?
3. How did his father die and why?
4. What two subjects did Agricola learn in school and which one was his favorite?
5. What did Agricola do at a
STAGE 26 TEST PART I
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate endings:
1. When Agricola heard Quintus words, he summoned Salvius
Agricola, ubi verb_ Quint_ audivit, Salv_ arcessevit.
2. All the guests praise the skill of th
STAGE 25 TEST II
1. In order to be considered for the army, what 2 conditions a candidate
would have to meet?
a) _ b) _
2. How long was a tour of duty? _
3. Describe why a legion would be considered a miniature army (give at
least 3 reasons)
STAGE 25 GRAMMAR REVIEW
Complete the following Latin sentences with the appropriate endings:
1. The kind citizens had provided help.
CIV _ BENIGN_ AUXILI_ PRAEB_
2. They arrested the soldiers in the kitchen of the Inn.
Nomen: _ datum: _
TEST 24 PART II
Answer the following questions about travel and communication:
1. How can you tell if a road was (probably) built by Romans?
2. What were the three ways people traveled?
3. How much ground could a person cover in
STAGE 24 REVIEW
Complete the following words with the appropriate endings:
1. The doctor gave a wine-cup to the sick girl
Medicus puellae aegr_ poculum dedit
2. The guests praised the clever cook
Hospites coquum callid_ laudaverunt
3. The craftsm