Chapter 10, Pages 313314, problems: 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, and 42
30. A transformer has a 75V input and a 3:1 turns ratio. Determine the secondary voltage.
Vs = Vp (Ns/Np) = 75V * (1/3)
32. A transformer has a 250mV input and a 1:100 turns ratio. D
16. Determine the resonant frequency for the circuit shown in Figure 14.43b.
2 LC 2 ( 2.2mH ) ( 0.1uF )
18. Calculate the values of Xl and Xc for the circuit in Figure 14.40b when it is operation at its
34. Calculate the component current and voltage values for the circuit shown in Figure 11.43b.
Vs=120V, f=60Hz, L1=470mH, L2=1H, R=1 k ohm
20. A parallel RL circuit has values of IL= 240mA and IR= 180mA. Calculate the magnitude and
phase angle of the circuit current.
IL= 240 mA IR= 180 mA
Mag IT= (IL2+ IR2)
= (240 mA^2+ 180 mA^2)
= tan^-1(-IL/ IR)
= tan-1(-240mA / 180 mA)
20. Calculate the load power for the circuit shown in figure 9.51b.
= 32V ac 2 / 1.6 k
= 640 mW
12. Refer to figure 11.35b. Assuming that the indicator is an ideal component, calculate the
values of the resistive and reactive p
2. Calculate the period of the waveform shown in figure 9.45.
One cycle is completed in 5 divisions.
period = (100 s)*5
= 500 s
4. Calculate the period of the waveform shown in figure 9.46b.
One cycle is completed in 4 divisions.
period = (20 ms
2. Calculate the value of vL developed across a 4.7 H coil when the instantaneous rate of change in
component current equals 1.5 A/s.-v L = L(di/dt) = (4.7H)(1.5A/s) = 7.05 V
4. Calculate the value of vL developed across a 470 H coil when the i