BIOLOGY 141
BIOLOGY 141 * We aren't endorsed by this school

BIOLOGY 141 Biology 141

  • School:
    *
  • Professor:
    {[ professorsList ]}
    Dr.Eisen, P.Cafferty, Scott, Dr.Escobar, Cambell, Abreu, cole, Baker, Dr.Carter, Kate O'Toole, Megan Cole, Eladio Abreu
  • Average Course Rating (from 5 Students)

    4.4/5
    Overall Rating Breakdown
    • 5 Advice
    • 5
      60%
    • 4
      20%
    • 3
      20%
    • 2
      0%
    • 1
      0%
  • Course Difficulty Rating

    • Easy 0%

    • Medium 40%

    • Hard 60%

  • Top Course Tags

    Always Do the Reading

    Go to Office Hours

    Great Intro to the Subject

* We aren't endorsed by this school

Biology 141 Questions & Answers

Biology 141 Flashcards

Biology 141 Advice

Biology 141 Documents

Showing 1 to 30 of 171

Sort by:
{[$select.selected.label]}

Biology 141 Questions & Answers


Biology 141 Advice

Showing 1 to 3 of 5

View all
    • Profile picture
    Sep 11, 2017
    | Would recommend.

    Not too easy. Not too difficult.

    Course Overview:

    It's an essential course that lays the framework for upper level Bio courses. Mastery of key elements will set the foundation for those upper level classes that go into more specifics and depth about the human body, disease, and development.

    Course highlights:

    I learned about Biology at the cellular level, from organisms and their differences to meiosis and mitosis. There was a lot of memorization, but a lot of it all came together and comprehension and application wasn't very difficult if you had a solid foundation of the subject. Being able to connect each topic was useful and interesting, and seeing how everything came together and is interconnected made me want to pursue the subject more.

    Hours per week:

    3-5 hours

    Advice for students:

    Memorization is 70% of the course, the other 30% is application. Memorize not just the "what," but the "why," and the "how" as well. Do your readings ahead of time to familiarize yourself with the material before the professor goes over it, and do the hw and go to office hours if you need help. Take advantage of the resources on campus.

    • Fall 2010
    • Dr.Escobar
    • Great Intro to the Subject Go to Office Hours A Few Big Assignments
    • Profile picture
    Sep 05, 2017
    | Would highly recommend.

    Not too easy. Not too difficult.

    Course Overview:

    I am in love with this class. Professor is great and makes the subject very interesting.

    Course highlights:

    Try to register quickly because professor has a great reputation.

    Hours per week:

    3-5 hours

    Advice for students:

    Read the material before lecture. You will learn more quickly and efficiently.

    • Fall 2017
    • Eladio Abreu
    • Yes
    • Great Intro to the Subject Go to Office Hours Always Do the Reading
    • Profile picture
    Feb 27, 2017
    | No strong feelings either way.

    This class was tough.

    Course Overview:

    I would recommend this course if you are interested in biology. It is a good basic course.

    Course highlights:

    I learned the basics of biology that prepared me for the next level course.

    Hours per week:

    6-8 hours

    Advice for students:

    Be prepared to work hard. The course also includes a lab. The combination of the course and the class is time consuming.

    • Fall 2016
    • Megan Cole
    • Yes
    • Great Intro to the Subject Go to Office Hours Always Do the Reading

Ask a homework question - tutors are online