1. The decay rate or activity of a radioactive isotope is proportional to which of the
a. Half-life of the isotope
b. The mass of the isotope
c. The charge of the isotope
d. The number of radioactive nuclei present
2. In a solution of KI (potas
1. At some time, the rate of formation of C is observed to be 0.036 mol/L per second for the
2A + 3B 4C + 2D
In order, what is the rate of change of A, the rate of change of B, and the rate of change
of D (all given in mol/L per sec
Stoichiometry Island Diagram
1 m ole
) (g ss a m ar ol m
m ola rm as s
1 mole = 22.4 L @ STP
Use coefficients from balance
Due Wednesday, November 2
1. (6 points) Define:
a. Arrhenius Acid and Arrhenius Base
All acids have a H in the formula and release H+ in solution.
All bases have a OH in the formula and release OH- in solution.
1. If a compound has a vapor pressure of 315 mm Hg at 42 C, which one of the following
sets of data is TRUE?
a. The vapor pressure decreases at 53 C and Hvap is negative.
b. The vapor pressure increases at 53 C and Hvap is negative.
c. The vapor pressure
1. Given the following potential energy diagram for the reaction
The arrow "d" represents the
activation energy of the forward reaction
H for the reaction
d. activation energy for the reverse reaction
2. Which of th
CHEM 1212 Practice
This is only to help you prepare for the upcoming test. Of course you should be
reviewing and using all available resources for your preparation.
1. Determine the rate law when given the following data (at 25 Celsius):
3 A(aq) + 2 B(aq)
Test 3 Practice
1. Solve for the [H3O+] and pH of 0.45 M NaOH.
[OH-] = 0.45 M
pOH = -log(0.45) = 0.35
pH = 14 0.35 = 13.65
2. Solve for the pH of 0.23 M HClO with Ka= 2.9 * 108
2.9 x 10-8 = x2 / (0.23 x)
x = 8.2 x 10-5 = [H3O+]