14.1 Intro to Probability/Counting Principle
Must show all work for full credit! Leave answers as simplified fractions.
1. Evan has white socks and blue socks in his drawer. If he picks a pair at random from the 14 p
Tyler has a bucket of 30 blocks. There are
8 cubes, 6 cylinders, 12 prisms and 4 pyramids.
1) What is the theoretical probability (%)
of drawing a cube out of the bucket?
2) If Tyler continues drawing blocks and putting
them back in 40 times, and pulls a
1. A fair coin is thrown in the air four
times. If the coin lands with the head
up on the first three tosses, what is
the probability that the coin will land
with the head up on the fourth toss?
3. A st
Problem 1 Pizza Special
Marios Pizzeria advertises special deals in the newspaper.
Todays Special at Marios Pizzeria
Large one-topping pizza $9.00
Small one-topping pizza $6.50
Choose either a square or a round pizza with thick or thin crust.
UNIT 5 CBA Review - KEY
1. List the factors involved in Natural Selection.
-Overproduction = Organisms produce more offspring than can survive
-Genetic Variation = All organisms have genetic variation that arose from meiosis, sexual reproduction, a