WORKSHEET 3, FINANCE 3131, PROFESSOR PAUL
CALCULATING PRESENT VALUE
1. Calculate the present value of $2,000 received in five years at nine percent.
WORKSHEET 5, FINANCE 3131, PROFESSOR PAUL
CALCULATING THE INTEREST RATE
1. Calculate the annual interest rate for a present value of $1,000 and a future value of
$2000 in ten years.
2. Calculate the annual interest rate compounded quarterly for a present
WORKSHEET 4, FINANCE 3131, PROFESSOR PAUL
1. Calculate the payment on a present value of $10,000 financed for 10 years at seven
percent compounded on payment date:
Calculate the annual payment:
Calculate the semi-annual payment:
WORKSHEET 6, FINANCE 3131, PROFESSOR PAUL
CALCULATING THE NUMBER OF PAYMENTS
1. Calculate the number of monthly payments required to accumulate a future value of
$7,000 with payments of $350/month at four percent interest compounded monthly.
WORKSHEET 2, FUTURE VALUE WORKSHEET, FINANCE 313, PROFESSOR
1. Calculate the FUTURE VALUE of $1,000 invested for 10 years at 6% interest
Why does the future value
WOOKSHEET 1, FINANCE 3131, PROFESSOR PAUL
CALCULATING INTEREST PAYMENTS, INTEREST RATES AND ORIGINAL AMOUNT
1. Calculate the interest accrued in one year on $100 at 7 % interest.
2. If you invest $500 and earn $35 in interest the first year. What rate of