Chapter 8 Discussion:
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? Reading about the fundamentals of a Sales
process and how the Sales process at CBI work before and after SAP was interesting.
2. Anything related to this chapter that you have heard or
What interested you the most in this chapter? What interested me the most was the Fast Food
Restaurant Drive-Thru Business Process Model and Notation Standard Diagram (Figure 2-1). I learned
how the inside of Fast Food Joint Operates.
In this chapter, the information that interested me most was the speed at which technology
improves. Chapter 1 notes that Gordon Moor determined that the number of transistors in a relative
area on a chip doubles in size approximately e
The concept of the Workflow process was what interested me most in this chapter. We
have discussed many mapping tools of processes, but I had not considered the idea of
sequencing the way that original content is created. I have heard o
What interested me the most in Chapter 5 was the ways in which management of an
organization can improve its processes to better achieve its objectives. The textbook articulates
a basic checklist of improvement strategies that seem like
The thing that interested me most in this chapter was the way that ERPs, specifically
those by SAP, are structured. SAP ERP products are collections of interdependent,
interconnected modules that are grouped into similar processes. Thes
The thing that interested me most in this chapter was the idea of inter-organizational IS
systems for B2B e-commerce sales. I had never considered the idea that sales between
businesses would happen on anything other than web storefront
What interested me most in this chapter was the 5-component structure of all information
systems. These five components (hardware, software, data, procedures, and people) provide people with
both a clear way to create an IS and a clear
The most interesting part of this chapter for me was learning about a users connectivity to the
internet, which is a very intricate process. The process be explained simply through the three-tiered
architecture of. The user tier request
The thing that interested me most about this chapter was how much a SAP can help the
financial side of a business. Without an ERP system, a business would most likely rely on
employees to manually check that there is a three-way match b
Chapter 8 Discussion
I enjoyed learning about the sales process and how SAP has changed the process.
The previous chapter led into this one quite well so some information wasnt completely new.
Most companies will use a sales process of some kind, however
Chapter 9 Discussion
I found the twelve most important characteristics of an effective collaborator.
I have heard of the term collaborators before.
Collaboration is used in real life.
1. Spoofing is illegal. It does not matter if the person h
Chapter 7 Discussion
In Chapter 7 I learnt the fundamentals of the procurement process. This was the most
interesting aspect of the chapter as it followed the in class work on SAP.
I have never read or watched anything on SAP or procurement processes and
Chapter 5 Discussion
I found the section on automation quite interesting. I plan to work in the finance sector in my
home country, England, and recent data suggests that in the next five years 25% of jobs in the
sector will be lost to automation.
Chapter 10 discussion
I found it interesting to read how businesses use social data mining for analysis and the specific
processes for doing so.
I knew previously that businesses used social media and data mining in order to make business
Chapter 6 discussion
I found learning about SAP in general to be interesting as it on the surface appears to be an
incredibly valuable tool and an even more employable skill.
I have never read about SAP prior to this chapter or ERP in general.
In the real
What interested me the most in this chapter was the idea of Big Data; the idea that the
amount of data a company (or anyone, for that matter) needs to store and use is so vast that it
facilitates an entirely new sector of database manag
CISM TEST BANK 3
1. Which of the following is a hardware component of collaboration information systems?
2. In a _ workflow, document reviews occur simultaneously.
3. Which of the following is an efficiency objective of collaborati
Chapter 3 Discussion
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? It was interesting to read and learn how web
pages and applications are developed.
2. Anything related to this chapter that you have heard or read? I learned how to do html code
in my t
Chapter 7 Discussions
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? The whole chapter was interesting. I learned
what the fundamentals of a Procurement process. I learned how the procurement process
worked at CBI before SAP. I learned the problem with
Chapter 12 Discussion
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? It was interesting reading the Four Activities of
the BPM Process and the Five Phases of SDLC within BPM Process.
2. Anything related to this chapter that you have heard or read? No ev
Chapter 10 Discussion
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? To read about Social Media and its importance to
the business world was interesting.
2. Anything related to this chapter that you have heard or read? I know about Social Media
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? I learned how to do spreadsheets in high school
in my Computer Apps class. I also learned it during my time in college in my Computer Apps
class; spreadsheets, forms, tables, reports, et
What interested you the most in this chapter? What interested me the most was how the chart on page
18 (figure 1-14) shows you two different ways a company or person can run a bike business. The one
that rented to students for cheap I
Chapter 5 Discussion:
1. What interested you the most in this chapter? I found that the part about use automation
was interesting. Why? Because I didnt know Google had a google car that was driverless.
2. Anything related to this chapter that you have hea