Puerto Peasco, Sonora, Mexico
It is cloudy with a slight wind. Still warm but the sun is setting.
There are palm trees and smaller bushes, but no other plant life on
land. The plants are along the
Origins of the Oceans
1. Before we had the seven continents that exist today, we had one large supercontinent
called Pangea. Overtime, part of Pangea began to drift north while another part began
drifting south. As the supercontinent broke u
01.05 - DESIGNING YOUR OWN EXPERIMENT
Scenario Topic: FREE WILLY?!?
Is it a good or bad thing to keep these animals in captivity?
1. The behavior of animals in the wild versus in captivity.
2. The life span and development o
Today is December 28, 1875. We are in the Pacific Ocean, only a few short
days away from arriving in South America. It is windy, a possible storm
approaching. According to our Miller-Casella mercury thermometer, the water
is a cold 59. We lower it
02.07 Rocky Shore Current Event
1. How has the catch of lobsters changed over the past 15 years in the state of Maine?
The amount of lobsters caught in Maine has tripled between the past 15 years and now.
2. What does Walter Day suggest needs to be done t
03.04 Caretta Caretta Turtle Rehabilitation
1. The loggerhead sea turtles have large heads and strong jaws. Their upper shells are brown or reddish
brown while their lower shells are creamy to yellow. The skin of these turtles is anywhere from yellow to
03.06 Positive Human Impact
Effort (min of
3 required for
Conservation Why does it fit
, Restoration, this type?
The effort will
strive to clean
At the beginning of August,
the turtle stayed very close
to the shoreline of Florida.
Why do you believe she did
this? Their nesting season is
from April to July. She may
have nested there or was
looking for a place to nest the