How are ions made from neutral atoms?
You have learned that not all atoms of an element are the same. Variation in the number of neutrons
results in different isotopes of the element. In this activity we will explore another variation that can t
By Emma Letourneau
Crunches With a Ball
Equipment- Swiss ball
Sets- 2 sets, 15
most of your body weight
on the ball and place
your hands behind your
ears, but not behind your
head. Crunch forward ,
City-States of Ancient
Chapter 2 Section 3
land between two rivers.
(Tigris and Euphrates
Fertile land attracted
Stone Age farmers.
Flat lands and constantly
Floods and I
Chapter 1 Section 3 Beginnings of Civilization
Rise of Cities - Civilization a complex, highly organized social order
A. River Valley Civilization
1. Cities rose independently in valleys of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in the
Middle East, the Ni
Chapter 2 section 1 continued
are rules/laws necessary?
2. Can societies be successful without rules?
3. Do you believe in the death penalty?
4. Would you support harsher laws in the
United States today?
What is this referring
Distance and Midpoint Formulas
Directions: Attempt all problems on separate paper and show all work. Box answers.
Highlight any problems you may have questions on.
1. What is the distance formula?
2. What is the midpoint formula?